what I do

what I do

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stylish?


I'm not feeling very stylish these days (way too busy!) but I'm thankful that Carol of Sofas & Sage thinks I am (well my blog anyway!!). Thank you Carol ;.)


Carol has a beautiful (truly stylish) blog that you will want to see - she does her own upholstery (really?) and is an expert at window coverings (my weaker area). You can see her window treatment portfolio here.

So, part of the rules of accepting the award is you have to divulge seven things about yourself that nobody knows. This is where I want to just ignore the whole thing (ha ha) .... plus I just did this a few weeks ago (if you missed it you can see that post here) ... but since I am a good sport, here you go ... seven more things you probably don't know about me:

1. I am both a morning person and a night person. I do not require very much sleep and usually go to bed after midnight ... sometimes as late as 1:30 or 2:00.

2. I am a neat freak and actually love to clean.

3. Every since I watched the movie, Super Size Me I cannot eat McDonalds ... but I am in love with Jack-in-the-box tacos.

4. My dog, Milo was my daughter's graduation gift from Grad School. I told her, "No male dogs and NO Pit Bulls." She got a male Pit Bull who ended up being my dog (another story) and the best dog we have ever had (and he is white!).

5. My favorite movies that I could watch over and over again are: Overboard, HouseSitter, Funny Farm and Hope Floats.

6. My favorite animal is a Chimpanzee and I love going to the zoo.

7. When I get tired of the color on my walls I re-paint them myself and once even painted the entire outside of my house.

Okay, now for a real treat ... check out a few blogs that I have recently discovered - they are fabulous (and very stylish)!

Flourish Design + Style

8 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

You got it again!!!! That's so great, Sherry!

I'm happy for you... keep getting them, so I can know a little bit more about you! Love it! :-)


Have a wonderful day, sweetie!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Post of the day: An Elegant House by Canadian Interior Designer Scott Yetman.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Lol, Sherri, on the painting thing. I almost included in my own list that I can paint a room without taping, changing my clothes, or using a drop cloth! This summer, I painted the outside. I will tackle anything! Way too nice of a feature on me, girl, but I do appreciate it! I'm so glad to get to know you better. Oh, and I need tons of sleep -- you could run circles around me!

Unknown said...

Okay Carol ... maybe we are sisters because I paint the same way! That is so funny! ;)

Unknown said...

Sherri,
Thank you so much! It makes me very happy.

I love painting too.

Fran said...

Sherri, thank you for the mention and award! You've made my day and to be in the company of such stylish bloggers! It was fun getting to know you!! I can't believe you once painted your entire house!! Wow! Now, that is determination!! :)

Anonymous said...

You ARE a good sport (and you ARE stylish! :-)). I actually like to clean too -- at least my own house. I like tacos too, but we don't have a Jack In The Box. It seems like I may have eaten at one sometime, somewhere though.

Unknown said...

Wow.. I'm honored! xo

Seagrass Interiors said...

Sherri! I don't know how I passed this up! Thank you - I'm honored!!

xo
Melissa