what I do

what I do

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Monday to do list

If you have been reading my blog very long, you will know how much I love "to do" lists. They are what drive me. Today my list was overwhelmingly long. All I really wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and read a good book and listen to the rain. But there is something that motivates me even more than my lists. A deadline. I think that without a deadline I would probably never get much done. But today I didn't have a choice - I have a client presentation due this week and a full calendar which left me with "today" only to get done what I needed to do; carpet to select, fireplaces to design, stone to pick out, that kind of thing.


But since I was out anyway, I added a few things of my own to my list - pick up soap, return jeans to Marshalls, purchase that Ikea rug I saw last week that will hide the dog hairs better than the black and white one did ...

Tessa Ivory Quilted Leather Chair @ Overstock.com $295.99

I did really well until I got to Marshalls. That is where I got side-tracked. I took a little spin through the store. I didn't need anything. I was almost out the door and then I saw it. Right there in the swimsuit department (go figure!) was the greatest looking leather chair.
I don't need another chair.
And I am not supposed to be spending money these days.
At least not on a chair that I don't even need.
But I was curious.
It was pretty cute and honestly,
I just wanted to know how much it was.
I was thinking ... maybe $299?
And so I checked.


It was eighty dollars!


Don't you just love a bargain?

9 comments:

Karen said...

Score! That is a great bargain.

L said...

What a great find!!! Love Marshall's, it is always a hard store to not spend too much time in. You never know what you will find.
The chair and rug look wonderful.

Noelle at Gray Paint Decor said...

Love both your purchases. You couldn't pass that chair up for that price. xxoo

Stephanie said...

Marshall's is my favorite store! Love that place. Love that chair! I want one. Totally jealous :-).

Amy Chalmers said...

ha Ha! Yes I do love a bargain and that chair qualifies! So where will this new chair live?

Mary Ann Pickett said...

The rug and the chair...fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy - the chair has found a new home in my family room next to my TV stand - It looks great and makes me smile - "a good story!"
I will share the room in a post someday when I get something on the walls (It is a pretty bare and unfinished room right now!). I previously had another chair there and I relocated that to my bedroom. ;)

A Vintage Vine said...

Love it...$80 dollars, great deal!

SHERRY HART said...

If I am not supposed to be spending money...then my rule is if I see the ultimate bargain and it is under $100 then I make an allowance :) So you did good!!! Awesome chair!