what I do

what I do

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Joyful eggs

One of my favorite traditions is coloring Easter eggs with my girls. I grew up dyeing Easter eggs and so it has been a life-long tradition for me. For many years we made them the old-fashioned way - with just dye and vinegar; using crayons or rubber bands to make our designs ...

delish


And then we graduated to some fancy kits like marbled eggs or fancy swirly eggs. One year we made beaded eggs by gluing tiny little beads all over the eggs. 


Aren't these speckled eggs gorgeous? I think I need to try to make some of these this year.


The past few years we have learned to perfect our technique using painters tape to make designs and words on our eggs ... those are my favorite!


Martha Stewart

I found some pretty creative eggs while I was searching for ideas ...

{via}
I really enjoy these natural looking eggs!

{via}

This year I am planning on decorating Easter eggs with some new girls. Our small group Bible study "girls" are going to decorate eggs for our local rescue mission.

{via}

{via}

I'm not sure if we will add embellishments such as these or just dye them more traditionally, but I am excited to be able to share a little joy with some people who have so little. 

delish

And wouldn't this be a sweet surprise ... chocolate instead of hard-boiled eggs?  I would love to surprise my family with eggs that cracked open to be filled with chocolate - now that is an egg!


Do you decorate eggs?

7 comments:

annie@mostlovelythings said...

These are all great...I think we will try your suggestion to use painters tape this year. I'm just happy my kids will still do this together.

Town and Country Gals said...

Sherri,
Lovely egg insiration! I grew up dying eggs also and continued with my children. Now that they are older, we don't but still do baskets. 2 yrs ago I thought they were over it and casually mentioned maybe no baskets. Boy was I wrong! (ages 23, 19, 17)! So we still do baskets even though they are now 25, 21, and 19.
Rebecca

Unknown said...

Rebecca - I'm smiling because we still do baskets too AND dye eggs and mine are 27 and 21! AND we still do the egg hunt. Once a kid ... always a kid (isn't that how it goes?). xo

Marianne said...

How fun are the eggs filled with chocolate! Love this idea!

Belle Inspirations said...

I have just found your blog and am now a happy follower. Great inspiration, have a lovely weekend xx

Unknown said...

Belle Inspirations - Wooo Hooo! You are my 100th follower! Bells should be going off or something! I am very much looking forward to the weekend ... Thanks and I hope you have a lovely one too! xo Sherri

SHERRY HART said...

Geez...egg decorating has sure come a long way :)