what I do

what I do

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tangerine gifts & Brooke Shields

I had lunch with a dear friend the other day to celebrate my belated birthday. This is a friend who loves to get into the color of the year - not so much in decorating, (she is not in the design world), but in gift giving. She always has fun with it and is a great gift giver - which I believe is an art in itself.


This time I think she really outdid herself. Don't you love the houndstooth paper? I think it is amazing how she mixed the two perfect colors together. And the little tangerines on top.


What was inside the wrapping was even better. I thought she just picked the book because it fit with the theme but she said she had actually read it and that it was a great read. How fun is that? But that was not all ...


I didn't even know they made tangerine flavored Balsamic Vinegar.


I love a good Balsamic vinegar and this one is a good one! I know because I didn't waste anytime trying it ...


The bottle is such a pretty cobalt blue - it makes me wish I had more room to display my cooking oils and other pretty bottles in my kitchen ... like this idea in Brooke Shield's kitchen from this month's Architectural Digest:

Architectural Digest via

It looks like Brooke is loving the color of the year as well!

7 comments:

Nicole Terry Merrell said...

What a great and unique gift, and I LOVE that kitchen!

17 Perth said...

Such a great gift! I love her wrapping paper too. I had no idea they made fruit infused balsamic. Nothing better than balsamic and bread!

Stacy CUrran said...

That's a great gift! I loved seeing Brooke's kitchen - the bottles are such a nice addition
Stacy

Unknown said...

Hi Sherri,

Nice gift!
Brooke's home is stunning, I've seen it online and the kitchen looks lovely.
I'm loving Tangerine color.

traci zeller designs said...

That is awesome! What an incredible gift! Please ask Brooke to share where she found that fabulous wrapping paper!!!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Happy Birthday and what a very thoughtful friend and one that knows you very well. The gifts are so thoughtful and who knew that there was such a thing as tangerine balsamic?

SHERRY HART said...

Happy Birthday Sherri!